Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Leotard Files: WHAT TO WEAR AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES

So, on my last Leotard Files, I told you what NOT to wear at the Olympic Games, but this time, I will be discussing the good leotards, the leotards that I can actually stand seeing at the Olympic Games. These are the leotards that accentuates the gymnast perfectly, these are the leotards that count


1. Aly Raisman- Team USA                                  
Aly Raisman, a beautiful gymnast, a great girl, and a fab dancer (She was on Dancing With the Stars) In addition to being all those things, and probably more, Aly is a great countrywoman. She loved representing her country in 2012, and that was apparent with this leotard! Look! Its the Flag! I was so happy to see Aly walking into Greenich Arena wearing her red white and blue, i think this could have been the team leotard.



Barbara Gasser- Australia





I personally think that this is a beautiful leotard, It has the perfect balance of red, white, and black. I truly think that this leotard describes Gasser, as a unique gymnast who doesn't mind putting a bit of personality into each of her routines, I love the sleek shiny look of her leotard, now thats what you wear to an Olympic Games!!!!!






Yamilet Pena Abreu- Dominican Republic



As angry as I am at Abreu for murdering the Pordunova vault (See my Article on this matter) I have to say she is a genius at designing leotards, I love the combo of colors in this leotard, it really screams "I am representing the Dominican Republic!!!" (Even though she never lands a vault for them). I love the one line of gold, and then the rest is blue, white, and red. Great Job Yamilet! (On the leotard, not the Pordunova. Please, please, please stop doing that vault! Argh! 


Aly Raisman-USA- Individual All-Around Leo




I really like Aly's choice of a leotard in the All-Around Final, it is so sleek and shiny, and that is my fave thing to see in a leotard. And not to mention, she matched it with Gabby's, which I personally thought was cool. It shows that they are together and united as a team, they are the two gymnasts representing the USA. Go for the gold USA!


Ashley Brennan- Australia






This is Ashley's leo: I loved it because of the colors, the pink and the orange go brilliantly together, with the zig-zagish line of black separating them, Ashley is a great leotard designer, (She customized her leo with GK) And when she stops doing gymnastics, that is definitely a back-up career for her. 



Heo Seonmi- Korea






The reason why Heo's leotards end up looking so great is because she actually takes the time to sit down with GK, and she majors in textile design, but when I first saw Heo in this leo, my mouth dropped. That leotard was so awesome, and it looked like she took 3 hours out of her training sessions to design this leo. 





So, with the good and the bad  leotards being written about, you'd think that this is the end of the Leotard Files right? WRONG! If I come across great leos, I will make a new article on the Leo Files, even though they are good or bad, if I find 'em, they are in!















No comments:

Post a Comment