Saturday, February 22, 2014

Bridget Sloan: Making the Switch

Bridget Sloan: An Olympian. She represented USA in 2008 when they took home the silver in 2008. In 2009, Bridgie won the the Nationals All-Around, and the Worlds All-Around, she was back in California in 2012 trying to get a spot on the team, on the second night of competition, Sloan tweaked her wrist, and the doctors decided that it would not be a good idea for Sloan to compete, so, Sloan saluted to the elite judges for the last time, she competed her last bar set as an elite gymnast, and she switched to collegiate gymnastics "Even though my career as an elite is over, I could not imagine leaving the sport of gymnastics, so I decided to become a Gator." Sloan said. I was so glad when I watched Sloan for her first vault as a collegiate gymnast. She saluted to the Collegiate Judges for the first time and, her first vault as a Gator.........A stuck 1 1/2. I know that isn't the hardest vault in Elite gymnastics, but it is the hardest vault if we are talking collegiate. Besides downgrading her vault, Sloan was able to keep her other skills on beam, bars, and floor. In my opinion, Sloan is better than she was in elite, there is more artistry and power in her gymnastics, and she had budded into a great All-Arounder, she is a valuable part of the Gator Team, helping them win the National Title in 2013, just as a freshmen. I am truly excited to see where Collegiate Gymnastics leads Sloan.

No comments:

Post a Comment