Monday, February 24, 2014

Leotard Files: DO NOT WEAR AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES!

Ok, so on my new segment: The Leotard Files. So, here's NOT TO WEAR at international meets, World Championships, and even the Olympic Games.


      Anne Kuhm: Ok France's Anne Kuhm, a beautiful graceful girl, but not a great leo chooser, I mean, Look at it! Too subtle! ARRRRRRGH! Its waaay to plain! Just two colors, she should have at least put some blue in there to fully represent her country, I am not saying that you have to go like Aly did in event finals, but at least make an effort to represent your country!!!!!!!!! I wish Good Luck to Anne, not only with gymnastics, but with her leotard choices! Well, I guess thats more a job for her leo designer.











Anna Maria Izurieta- Spain





As you can tell by this down-to-the-beam element, Ana Maria Izurieta is a beautifully artistic gymnast, she also has extreme power. But, look at her leotard!!! It is an eyesore! It looks like she is superwoman, about to fly off and save some civilians. She doesn't look like a gymnast, she is an incredible one, but here's my question: Will she be an incredible superhero too?



Giulia Steingruber- Switzerland






Ok, Giulia is a great all-around gymnast, she has great talent on vault, and is graceful on beam, bars, and floor. She has artistry, power, and a unique personality in her gymnastics, but lets get to the leo ok? I get that she wants to represent her country, but seriously: Talk about cross overload! I think its awesome that she wants to represent her country, but seriously, When I first saw this leotard in prelims, I asked myself, is she representing Switzerland or the Red Cross? She looks more like a hospital worker than a world-class gymnast.




Yu Minobe- Japan



Japan's Yu Minobe, is brilliant on beam, even though sometimes she has her problems on the apparatuses, she throws high difficulty stunts (At least for the Japanese women's gymnastics program) I might do a spotlight gymnast on her later, but, right now lets talk about her leotard. I mean, I know that large circle in the middle is supposed to be the red in the Japanese Flag, but seriously? At least tie it in better with the leo. And the stripes........Stripes drive me insane! AAAARGH! So, Minobe, if you want to impress Triplewhipgymnast, please, please, please remove the stripes!


Oksana Chusovitina- Germany






Oksana Chusovitina is an amazing vaulter, at age 38! But her leotard, I hope Oksana has a better sense of leotards when she is solo, because, this is a team leo, but its ugly! To subtle and not shiny enough! It drives me crazy when gymnasts have no creative sense when choosing a leo




    So, that was my Leotard Files: DO NOT WEAR TO THE OLYMPIC GAMES segment, keep an eye out of Leotard Files: WHAT TO WEAR TO THE OLYMPIC GAMES! It will be on the blog soon!











No comments:

Post a Comment