Friday, January 23, 2015

Yao Jinnan: After Worlds 2014, Does she really need the name change?

  I have talked a lot about Chinese great, Yao Jinnan, gettign her name changed. If you have been a long time reader, you know that translated from Chinese, Jinnan means "Gold is difficult to get" and as I said in my other articles, that is the name that NO athlete, gymnast or otherwise, wants to get. But when Yao performed her uneven bars routine in the finals, minus the Mo/Gaylord salto, a routine that would win the gold medal, a new question was brought up: Does Yao really need to change her name from Jinnan to Ziyi? Well, it is not the gymnastics fan's decision, unfortunately, it is Yao's. So wait till Worlds to see if Yao makes her name change official (That is if you're not into watching Chinese gymnastics competitions like I am.) After Yao winning the gold medal in Nanning, I dont think she needs to change her name, because that is the name that ALL gym fans know her, and love her by. I dont think that a simple name change will change the gymnast you are. Determination and hard work will. And she knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment