Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Juniors That Are Age Eligible For Rio



Romania's Adela Florea-
Adela Florea is a great talent. She is good on uneven bars, a void Dthat she can fill on team Romania. I am looking forward to Adela turning senior because she fills such a void. She is good on bars, the Romanian's aren't that great, but as I've said........ Adela can help. Adela turns senior just in time for the Games.



Russia's Angelina Melnikova- Angelina is a great gymnast. She is great on all four of the events. I fully anticipate Angelina to be in every all-around in every International Assignment, and since she is age eligible for Rio, I can see her being one of the two of the Russians who get into the all around, because lets face it, Russia definitely gets two girls in the all-around. Melnikova turns senior just in Time For Rio.





Great Britain's Catherine Lyons- Catherine is the new Beth Tweddle on uneven bars. I love Catherine because of how beautiful her set it. SHE'S TRAINING A DEF! A DEF! At Junior Elite, Catherine is training a Def! Catherine is great on bars, and all-around as well. I cannot wait until she turns senior, which is in 2016.





USA's Christina Desiderio- Christina is one of my favorite junior gymnasts. She is so good, she is training a triple on vault (Thats why you follow gymnasts on Instagram) But don't tell her you heard it from me. She is a great all-arounder, and I am excited to see her for Rio. She is also a Parkette Soldier, and the Parkette gym produces great athetes who have made it as far as Olympic Alternate. I am excited to see what Bill and Donna do with her. Christina turns senior in 2016.




Russia's Daria Skrypnik- Daria is a great athlete. She sweeped the competition at the 2013 Russian Hopes, winning the AA, UB, BB, and FX competitions. Since UB and FX are two separate disciplines, so to speak, this proves that Daria can do any event, and contribute on any apparatus. Daria can be a true threat for the all-around at the Olympics. She turns senior in 2016.





Russia's Ekaterina Sokova-  Ekanterina is a great all-around athlete. She is also great on beam,, she has great lines and the perfect Russian style. She is a great athlete on all the events, but primarily beam. I think that Ekaterina can be an Olympic Beam Champion, right now I just don't see her getting in the top two spots, especially with Daria and Angelina, not to mention current senior gymnasts such as Aliya Mustafina and Viktoria Komova.  But she can definitely be in contention for beam. But she might mature in this next year, and be an all-around contender. You never know. Just look at Gabby Douglas of USA.




USA's Emily Gaskins- Emily Gaskins is an amazing gymnast. She, unlike many girls in the USA, is a true dancer on floor. She has the hard tumbling, together with the great balletic style. She is also great on bars. This fills a numerous amount of voids for Team USA. I can't wait for Emily to turn senior in 2016, she can prove that the American Girls have the capability to be artistic and balletic.




Germany's Florine Harder- As we know, Germany does not have the best gymanstics program, and is not the most well-known. But Florine wants to change that, she is a great all-around athlete, and can bring pride to Germany. She turns senior just in time for the Games in 2016. Florine will change the fact that Germany's gymnastics program is not that well known.





Great Britains' Georgia Mae Fenton- Georgia is a great all around athlete for Team Great Britain. I bet that if she tries her hardest in Olympic Qualifying, and if she makes her routines as hard as she can, she can be in contention for a medal. Georgia still has a year before she turns senior, and I believe she'll use it to the fullest extent.



USA's Grace Quinn- Grace is good on bars and balance beam, as well as an okay all-arounder. To be honest, Grace has to upgrade her routine a lot in order to make the Olympic Team, much less get into individual finals. Grace is a promising athlete, but like Sarah Finnegan in 2012, I think she'll need a little more time. 


Puerto Rico's Ivanka Victory- Remember how I said that Florine Harder was trying to prove something for Germany, who's gymnastics program is not that well-known? Well wait till you see this girl. She representse Puerto Rico. I bet you are all like "Does Puerto Rico Even HAVE a gymnastics program?!" Not really, but I think Ivanka can boost up the Puerto Rican program, just a few pegs at least. She is a great all arounder, she is steady on all the events. Ivanka turns senior just in time for Rio, and I believe if she works really hard and proves to the Puerto Rican Gymnastics Coorodinators that she can be counted on, I think she'll be standing in the Rio Arena waiting to present to the judges.




USA's Jazmyn Foberg- I AM OBSESSED with Jazzy, who trains at MG Elite, an up and rising club. Not only is she an amazing gymnast, all-around, she is the 2014 All-Around and Uneven Bars National Champion!!! Jazzy totally has the international look, great lines, perfect form, I am so glad that Jazzy turns senior in 2016, because it would be a pity if we had to wait another four years to see her become an Olympian. 



USA's Laurie Hernandez- Laurie is also an MG Elite gymnast, and I love her. Laurie has spunk on floor and can also contribute a solid set on all of the other events. But Laurie is known for her spunk and great choreography on the event. She turns senior in 2016, just like all the girls above.





China's Liu Tingting- Liu is a very promising athlete, turning senior in 2016, just in time for the Games. However, I think it would be hard for her to make it because of her recent placings. The highest she's gotten to the podium in an International Competition is in 3rd, the bronze medal position on the uneven bars. So I think that she just needs more time to upgrade and find her groove. But she does very well nationally.



China's Luo Huan- Luo is a good uneven bar worker, placing first on the event at the most recent Pacific Rims, I believe that she can make the Olympic Team because she has placed on the podium on numerous competitions, some internationally, so she already has exposure, the one thing that differentiates her and her teammate is the consistency.



Canada's Megan Roberts- Megan Roberts is now my favorite Canadian Gymnast. I mean did you see the girl at Elite Canada in 2013? She won every event except beam. Just to clarify: That means she won the all-around, the vault, the bars, and the floor finals. I LOVED WATCHING HER. I am so excited for Megan to turn senior in 2016 because unless she gets a HUGE injury, she'll make the Canadian Team


USA's Norah Flately- I am excited for Norah's senior debut in 2016. As I watch her in past competitions, I realize that her beam work is impeccable, and she is solid on EVERY event. Thats what a Chow's gymnast is: Consistent, solid, hardworking, and aces execution. I think very highly of Norah, and I know she'll make the 2016 Olympic Team.



USA's Rachel Baumann- Now before I start talking about Rachel, you may realize the last name seems familiar........... you are right. Rachel is the sister of Senior Gymnast, and 2014 Gold Medalist with the team, Alyssa Baumann. Rachel shows the talents of her sister, Alyssa, and many more. Even though Rachel just got onto the elite scene, I feel that it is worth noting that she dominated on the Level 9 scene I think if Rachel trains hard and upgrades more, she can make it to Trials. Rachel turns senior in 2016. But I also think it would be cool if Rachel and Alyssa made the Rio Team Together. A little sister-sister force.




Canada's Rose-Kaying Woo- Rose is a great all-around gymnast. She is also great on the uneven bars and balance beam, winning multiple golds in multiple competitions. She can bring it to the table to Canada. I think that Rose can make the team if she continues to perform as she is, Rose turns senior in 2016.










No comments:

Post a Comment