Monday, January 5, 2015

Gymnastics Fun Facts!

Hi guys, so I decided that, for the first post of the year, that I should do a "Fun Fact" Post. Where I will share some fun facts, I learned over the years


Simone Biles Is Just Behind Shannon Miller For Most World Medals- So Simone has been a senior gymnast for just two years, and she is already right behind Shannon Miller for most medals won at Worlds. And lets face it, Simone will probably have more than her after Worlds next year, because Simone has already won two consecutive All-Around Titles, she has also defended her silver medal on vault twice, she has also won to  consecutive Floor Titles, and lets not forget, she won the beam and team golds this year.


Before Winning The Team Gold in Nanning, Team USA had only won World Gold the Year Before the Olympics- If you are an avid gymnastics fan, you would know that before the girls won team gold in Nanning, Team USA had only won World Team Gold the Year Before the Olympics. 2003, 2007, and 2011. That gave Team USA a reputation. But because team USA is so very strong at this point in time, we were able to sweep the gold medal in the Team Finals.


When Team USA Won the Gold in the Team Finals, Team USA defended their title from 2011- Not only did the Nanning Team set a record for the USA, But because of them, Team USA was able to uphold their title from the Tokyo Worlds three years before.


Yao Jinnan Is Changing Her Last Name To Ziyi- If you heard that China's Yao Jinnan is changing her last name, you heard right. But do you know why? Yao Jinnan is changing her name to Yao Ziyi because Jinnan translates to "Gold is Difficult to Get" and for any athlete, that is a bad sign, no one wants a last name like that!!!!! But to be honest, I will miss the name Yao Jinnan,, it had a nice ring to it. But I guess I'll have to get used to calling her Yao Ziyi.


   I hope you enjoyed my first post of 2015, I also hope that you have a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment