Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Judging Her Gymnastics: Nastia Liukin

   So,  I decided that it would be fun if I judged someone's gymnastics, not so much mean as weighing it out, I will tell you what I liked, what I didn't. But with this gymnast........... It will be hard to do, but I'll try....................Its Nastia Liukin!!!!!!!!!!!



   What I Liked: Ever since Svetlana Khorkina retired, we didn't see a lot of artistry, we saw power, at least in the senior standings, but when Nastia turned senior, she brought a great amount of artistry, with brilliant bar sets, beam sets, and floor sets. She shocked the world when she won four National Championships. She brought artistry back to the sport, she brought grace.


What I didn't like: This section is hard to do, but I guess I would have to say Nastia lacked power in her gymnastics, especially on vault and floor, she threw small skills on floor, and only had a single twist on vault, compared to her "arch-foe" Shawn Johnson who had an Amanar down





     Despite her lacking in the power department,  Nastia was one of the greatest gymnasts, the greatest since Svetlana Khorkina. She was an artistic wonder, all the little gymnasts in the USA want to be like Nastia, and that proves that you are a great gymnast, when others want to be like you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment