Thursday, July 17, 2014

Rumors Around the Gym: Rebecca Bross possibly planning a return

So I was just cruising around the internet looking for Rebecca Bross photos  to put on Tumblr. And it said that Bross hasn't ruled out coming back to gymnastics. She has a sold coaching job at WOGA, training the littler girls, and occasionally, the elites like Katelyn Ohashi or Maddie Kocian. But mainly the little ones. She then said that she might return and start training for Rio de Janeiro 2016. I love Becca, but I have to admit, she's been an eligible senior for 7 years, and has been competing for longer. Becca might be getting too old for the sport. But then again, Oksana Chusovitina will be 41 in Rio and will probably be competing for Uzbekistan. Bross really struggled at Trials 2012, I dont count that as a takedown, but as a motivation for her return. And also, rumor has it, if she does return, she will train with the coach who trained Gabby Douglas to gold, Liang Chow. If Bross returns, she will start training with Chow, and I would love to see what Chow does with Becca. I cant wait to hear what Bross's official announcement is, but I cant wait to find out. It will be hard, but I think Bross can stick it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment