Thursday, March 5, 2015

Judging Her Gymnastics: Italy's Vanessa Ferrari

Vanessa Ferrari has been a big name in the gymnastics world ever since 2006 when she won the all-around gold, making history for Team Italy. So, with such a big name still competing, lets judge her gymnastics shall we?


What I Like: I love Vanessa's floor. She is so mature! It looked like in 2006, that was her peak. But its 8 years since then, and she's improving! Which you rarely see! Vanny is still improving, and thats what I love. When you compare now to 2006, she has so much more maturity. Its just gorgeous. Her beam and floor are gorgeous. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS.


What I Don't Like: Even though she has gotten so much more mature over the years, I am still not the biggest fan of her bar work. They are clean, granted, but it kind of puts her at a deficit because they aren't as hard as Mustafina's or Jinnan's. Thats why she hasn't gotten a medal in the all-around because she scores low on bars when Mustafina and Jinnan get in the high 15s low to mid 16s.



   I love Vanny, and I am dreading the day when she will retire. 



No comments:

Post a Comment