Monday, April 28, 2014

Sarah Finnegan: Fading into the Gymnastics World

     I always liked Sarah Finnegan. She had artistic balletic style, she had power, grace, she had everything a great gymnast needed. She was a first year gymnast when London swung around. And she was very good, but just needed more time. Sarah did travel to London as an alternate for Team USA, which, in first year senior, is very great. But ever since the Olympic Trials, I haven't seen Sarah. She did compete in Gymnastics in Paradise 2013, but we haven't seen Sarah since, maybe she is just competing locally, or she has quit. She had already been to the Trials, and just wanted to give up. I guess we will figure this out at Nationals, if we see her, great, she hasn't given up. But if we don't, we will all draw the conclusion: 16 year old Sarah Finnegan is done with gymnastics. I would hate to see such a young talent leave the sport, but some people don't have the love for their sport that others have, and some just want to give up. But the saddest thing is, I've never pinned Sarah for that kind of girl, maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Who knows? I guess we will figure it out right?

No comments:

Post a Comment