Sunday, April 20, 2014

International Gymnast Focus: Marta Pihan-Kulesza

   Poland. Before the 2012 Olympics, I never knew that they had a gymnastics federation. But as I was watching Subdivison 2 of the London Summer Olympics, as Poland's Marta Pihan-Kulesza mounted the balance beam, I knew. I watched her as she threw all these skills that I never seen such artistry, such grace. She was lacking in the power department, something this Polish 27 year old phenom could easily fix. I have recently started following Marta's career as a gymnast, watching her routines from her earliest days as a gymnast (Thats right, her JO days). Even as a little 5 year old, Marta was amazing. I always was excited to see her routines, it seemed like Marta added difficulty and new stunts every competition, which in Poland were only like 2 weeks apart. I wish Marta would continue to compete, and hopefully make the beam final there, and maybe even medal like she did at Euros. I wish she would do that, because she can make history for Poland Gymnastics, being an Olympic medalist for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment