Sunday, February 15, 2015

Hot Topics Around the Gymternet: The Two Per Country Rule

The Two Per Country Rule has always been a problem, at least to the fans. In my opinion, it became a HUGE debate after London when Jordyn Wieber got x-ed out of the all-around. I read an article on Triple Twist, a well known gym blog, and decided to voice my opinion. If you are a long-time reader, you know one of my first articles was about the Two Per Rule. But I have changed a  lot since thin, and my writing has as well. So lets review it, shalll we?





     In my opinion, the Two Per Rule does more harm than Good. I honestly don't get why it exists. The FIG wants to see the top eight in event finals, and the top 24 in all-around, duke it out. But how can one see the top duke it out if some of the best aren't even there? I dont even think it was a true all-around in London, because Jordyn was not in it to win it. Supposedly, the Two Per rule gives lesser known countries the chance to compete in event finals/All-Around, but countries like Iceland or Spain or India rarely even qualify. And an all-around is much more fun when you have a stronger field. In my opinion,the FIG should rid this rule because of the fact that it makes the all-around a lot less fun. Strong countries like USA, Russia, Romania, China, and now, Great Britain have so many great athletes who have so much potential, but they get completely x-ed out if they don't have as great routines as their teammates. The whole thing is truly unfair. If someone has a petition going to outlaw the stupid rule, I'll sign it.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment