Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Grading Kyla Ross' Performance at the 2014 Worlds

   We always knew Kyla as the girl who had perfect form, and was known for getting near perfect execution every time. But as I watched the 2014 Worlds, I noticed some of that slipping away, Kyla has form mistakes, balance checks, which was unexpected. I quickly got on Instagram on my gymnastics account (Gym lovers, please follow me on Instagram! Its @doubletwistingdoublelayout). And then I finally discovered that it said that Kyla has come down with injury, a back injury. It was devastating because Kyla couldn't do the beautiful things we were accotomed to. And with her watered-down routines, she needs execution. But Kyla did the best she could, which is why I am giving her a B for her performance in Nanning. It wasnt the best routines from Kyla. and she knew it. But she went out there and tried her hardest. And as we saw in team finals, Kyla duplicated what she did in London, and in her own way, helped her team towards gold. Lets admit that Kyla's work in Nanning wasn't close to what she did in Antwerp, or London, but she got a B, she did good with her injuries

No comments:

Post a Comment