Friday, December 5, 2014

Is ABC's show "Make It Or Break It" totally unrealistic?

So the first time I saw ABC's "Make It Or Break It" I was only first getting into gymanstics. I watched it back in 2010, and I didn't get into gymanstics until 2011, but now, as I watch this, and as I have watched gymnastics competitions dating back to 1992, I have discovered how totally unrealistic the show is. Don't get me wrong, it is a great show. In seasons one and two, you got 4 girls on the road to Olympic success, with a few others. Your four main characters are:

Kaylie Cruz- Rich girl who is known for the personality she puts in her routines, considered a girl who plays to the crowd, her father and mother always get her endorsements

Lauren Tanner- The girl who always comes in third, and is threatened by new girl Emily.


Emily Kmetko- New girl, threatens status quo, and is not  a rule follower

Payson Keeler- Perhaps the most determined girl, wont let anything get in her way.



   And then you have Jordan in season 3, the runt, but has great tumbling.




     But like it says in the post title, I will be writing about how unrealistic Make it Or Break It is.


1. The beam is like 10 inches wide
2. They go floor, beam,vault, bars. Even if you don't start on vault in a real gymnastics competition, there is no way that you cann rotate like that.
3. Jordan in Season 3 does a triple flip off bars.
4. The tumbling is way to easy for senior elite gymnastics


   I know this sounds stingy........ but its true, Make It Or Break It isnt that accurate, but besides that, tis a great show.


No comments:

Post a Comment